John Wieczorek - VertNet
- Peter Desmet - Research Institute for Nature and Forest (INBO)
- Markus Döring - Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF)
- Tim Robertson - Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF)
- Steven Baskauf - Vanderbilt University Heard Libraries
- Paula Zermoglio - VertNet
The task group welcomes the participation of individuals who have a vested interest in maintaining the stability and interoperability of Darwin Core. We need people with interest and experience in vocabulary creation, people who are well versed in best practices for metadata documentation, and people with technical data management skills. If you are interested in participating in the group, please contact the convener or a core member.
The Darwin Core vocabulary has existed in various forms since 1998 and was ratified as a TDWG Standard in 2009. Its terms are widely used in biodiversity metadata transfer and storage. The Darwin Core vocabulary can be used to describe biodiversity resources through fielded text, XML, and RDF. For more information, see Wieczorek et al. 2012.