The world's largest biodiversity data aggregators use TDWG data standards to integrate data from more than 1,300 data providers. Our standards are developed and maintained by practicing biodiversity scientists and data managers from around the world. The social infrastructure that TDWG provides enables this international collaboration. TDWG itself depends on its members to operate and maintain its collaboration tools and do the actual work of standards development. The financial support of its members makes TDWG more effective. Please join! TDWG has individual and institutional memberships.
Benefits of membership
- Voting rights: TDWG members[*] can vote in TDWG elections (Executive officers, subcommittee Chairs, rules of governance)
- Discount on article publishing charges (APCs) in the TDWG Journal Biodiversity Information Science and Standards (BISS)
- Discount on conference registration (up to five registrations discounted for institutional members)
[*] Institutional member votes are weighted by five ( × 5 ) in situations where votes of institutional and individual members must be combined, such as the election of officers.
Membership is based on the calendar year. We send past members an invoice for membership early in the year, but membership fees can be paid at any time during the year. Membership payments will apply to the current calendar year.
|Membership Type||Annual Dues ($USD)|
[*] Institutional memberships paid in the first quarter (before 31 March) are usually discounted 20% (reduced to $400).
|Individual membership can be paid online with a credit or debit card.|
Institutions and individuals needing to pay through a formal quote/purchase order/invoice process should send an email with name, affiliation, address, and desired membership type [ individual | institutional ] to the TDWG Treasurer.
Invoices for membership dues can be paid:
- online by credit card
- by bank wire (banking details included with an invoice)
- by check drawn on a United States bank.