The world's largest biodiversity data aggregators use TDWG data standards to integrate data from more than 1,300 data providers. Our standards are developed and maintained by practicing biodiversity scientists and data managers from around the world. The social infrastructure provided by TDWG enables this international collaboration. TDWG itself depends on its members to operate and maintain its communication tools and support the actual work of standards development. The financial support of its members makes TDWG more effective. Please join! TDWG has individual and institutional memberships. Please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to become a member.
Benefits of membership
- Voting rights: TDWG members can vote in TDWG elections (Executive officers, subcommittee Chairs, rules of governance)
- Discount on article publishing charges (APCs) in the TDWG Journal Biodiversity Information Science and Standards (BISS)
Membership is based on the calendar year. We solicit membership payments early in the year. Memberships fees can be paid at any time during the year, but apply to the calendar year.
|Membership Type||Annual Dues ($USD)|
* discounted 20% ($400) for early payment (before 31 March)
Starting in 2019, TDWG is managing membership through the Zoho Invoicing platform. Prospective members need to establish an account on the platform to pay dues, but with an account members can print invoices, pay an invoice (online or offline), print invoices and receipts, and view payment history. Request an invitation to establish your account with TDWG.
Membership dues can be paid:
- online by credit card, or
- by bank wire (banking details included with an invoice)
- by check drawn on a United States bank.