Last updated 9 May 2023
We are pleased to announce the call for abstracts for TDWG 2023, the hybrid conference of Biodiversity Information Standards (TDWG), which will be held 9–13 October 2023 in Hobart, Tasmania. Abstracts will be submitted to and published in Biodiversity Information Science and Standards (BISS).
The deadline for abstract submission is 1 July 2023.
Abstracts will be peer reviewed and authors may be asked to make editorial changes to their abstract. Final approval for publication requires payment of any conference registration fees by the presenter. Content may be presented either in-person, virtually, or pre-recorded for TDWG 2023. Sessions will be recorded and session videos will be made available.
About the conference
In addition to opening and closing plenaries, the conference will feature 17 symposia and a mix of other formats that include four workshops, a demo, and panel discussion as well as contributed oral presentations and virtual posters.
What you need to know
- Examine the list of organized sessions to see which sessions are open to outside abstract submissions and may fit your topic. Don’t worry if none applies (you can submit a virtual poster or a contributed oral presentation).
- When you are ready to start your abstract, follow the instructions for authors for abstract submission - deadline 1 July 2023
- See where abstracts will be published in TDWG Proceedings 2023 and view past in collections in BISS (check out the media tab in individual abstracts for added content such as links to slides and video)
- Submitting authors will be contacted of provisional acceptance of their abstracts (subject to revisions) by 15 July or before early registration deadline so that presenters may take advantage of reduced rates and begin planning to attend the conference.
- Please send additional questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Program Committee looks forward to seeing your abstract submissions by 1 July 2023!